Do’s and Dont’s of Invisalign Aftercare
Once you have your Invisalign clear braces, you are well on your way to getting the smile you have always wanted. You may be wondering about what you have to do in the way of Invisalign aftercare, though, in order to make sure that your aligners are kept clean. Just follow these simple Dos and Don’ts when cleaning your aligners.
- Rinse your Invisalign clear braces whenever you take them out. If you allow saliva to dry on the aligners, you run the risk of bacteria flourishing.
- Soak the aligners from time to time using either Invisalign cleaning crystals, or a good quality denture cleaner. This way, you can be sure that your aligners are always properly sanitized.
- Make sure to brush and floss before you put your aligners back in. This is a very important part of Invisalign aftercare, since it protects your teeth from decay and lowers your risk of gum disease. If you allow contaminants to be trapped between your teeth and your Invisalign clear braces, you could be setting yourself up for serious dental issues later on.
- Gently brush your Invisalign clear braces with an anti-bacterial soap. This will keep them fresh and clear, and free from troublesome bacteria. Make sure that you brush carefully, though.
- Drink anything but water, or eat while wearing your Invisalign clear braces. Food and beverages can stain your aligners, and also cause unpleasant odors.
- Use toothpaste as part of your Invisalign aftercare. Many kinds of kinds of toothpaste are abrasive, and can damage your aligners.
- Clean with colored soaps. This can cause your Invisalign clear braces to become discolored.
- Leave your aligners unprotected while you are not wearing them. First of all, there is the risk that you will misplace them. Additionally, leaving your Invisalign clear braces in the open can expose them to bacteria and germs.
Following these simple tips will ensure that your Invisalign aligners are protected and properly cared for.
If you have questions about caring for your Invisalign clear braces, or if you are thinking about getting Invisalign, contact us at KC Smile. We are conveniently located at 12850 Metcalf Ave., Ste. 200, Overland Park, KS 66213. You can reach us at 913-491-6874, or by using the form on our Contact Us page. To learn more about Invisalign, read our Invisalign FAQs, learn if you are a candidate for Invisalign, and explore the benefits of Invisalign.